Are your kids obsessed with "Crankenstein" by Samantha Berger? Then, they'll love this fun close reading unit! But, you'll love the academic focus this unit has! This close reading unit follows a classroom-proven five day lesson plan routine. Not only do these Crankenstein activities engage your students, it also helps them understand how truly special books can be!
- Cranky Lesson Plans- A five day outline with suggestions of ideas for a close reading routine of the book and daily writing.
- Cranky Questions- After reading the book, use these question cards to check for basic understanding of the text. Questions range from level 1-3 on Webb’s Depth of Knowledge scale.
- Cranky Monster- Students work to make connections between themselves and the text. Also touches on onomatopoeias and strong words.
- Cranky Connections- Students brainstorm what makes the little boy cranky in the story and what makes them cranky.
- I’m a Cranky Monster- students write what makes them cranky and why.
- Cranky Monster Pics- Students use the illustrations to better understand the text.
- Cranky Monster Words- Shades of meaning
- Monster Writing- Three writing prompts based on the book and one general writing paper. Includes self checking rubrics.
- Cranky Monster Craft- fun craft to decorate your students writing.
- Cranky Monster Lettering- Use the letter as a title for a bulletin board showcasing your kiddos’ cranky monster writings.