Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons: How We Can Help Planet Earth for Digital Classroom
Looking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while learning more about how kids can help take care of the earth? Then this Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson Kit is for you! (It's also perfect for Earth Day!)
This lesson kit is designed to be used as part of your online instruction and includes a teacher file and a student.
Want more lessons like this? Check out the Growing Bundle!
MORE DIGITAL CLASSROOM RESOURCES
Teacher File includes:
- Directions on how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload it into Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Student File includes:
- Science Passage-Ways To Help Planet Earth-This nonfiction passage focuses on how kids can help keep the earth clean. Includes engaging pictures and text features. Includes link to a short video about kids who are working to clean up the plastic problem.
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Main Idea and Details- Help students develop a deeper understanding of main idea and supporting details with this reading comprehension graphic organizer. Students use the text and photographs to fill in the chart.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain how they can help take care of Earth.
- Interactive Activity- Sort it Out- This interactive activity asks students to sort out things that help the environment and things that do not.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher