Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons: From Egg to Butterfly Life Cycle for Digital Classroom
Looking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while learning about a butterfly's life cycle? Then this Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson Kit is for you!
This lesson kit is designed to be used as part of your online instruction and includes a teacher file and a student.
Want more lessons like this? Check out the Growing Bundle!
MORE DIGITAL CLASSROOM RESOURCES
Teacher File includes:
- Directions on how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload it into Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Student File includes:
- Science Passage-From Egg to Butterfly- this nonfiction passage includes bolded words and engaging graphics. It is written to engage your reader from beginning to end. This file also includes a link to a video of a caterpillar forming a chrysalis and a butterfly emerging.
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Scientific Sequence- Help students develop a deeper understanding of scientific sequence with this reading comprehension graphic organizer. Students use the text and photographs to fill in the chart.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain how a butterfly moves through its life cycle.
- Interactive Activity- Butterfly Life Cycle- This interactive activity asks students to create a chart demonstrating the different stages in a butterfly’s life cycle.
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this product, you can email this file to parents or upload them to a password-protected classroom. You may not, however, edit or change the file and or sell it for your own personal gain.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher