Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons: THE SCIENCE BUNDLE
Looking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while learning more about different science topics? Then this Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson Kit: Science Bundle is for you!
This lesson kit bundle is designed to be used as part of your online instruction and includes a teacher file and a student.
MORE DIGITAL CLASSROOM RESOURCES
Teacher Files includes:
- Directions on how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload it into Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Student Files includes:
- Science Passages- This pack includes nonfiction passages that are interesting and engaging for learners. They also include text features like bolded words and engaging graphics. It is written to engage your reader from beginning to end.
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Help students develop a deeper understanding of text comprehension week after week with reading strategies. Students complete the graphic organizer to help work through their thinking.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain how a butterfly moves through its life cycle.
- Interactive Activity- Each pack also includes an interactive activity that students can complete to further their learning.
This File includes:
- From Egg to Butterfly- Students learn more about how butterflies grow and change as they move through their unique life cycle. Reading strategy focus: Scientific sequence.
- A Way to Help Planet Earth- Students learn more about what they can do to help our planet. Reading strategy focus: Main Idea and details
- Plant Needs- Students learn more about the basic needs of plants. Reading Strategy focus: Author's Purpose
- Wild Weather- Students learn more about what happens when the weather gets wild or severe and how they can stay safe. Reading Strategy focus: ask and answer questions
- What's the Matter?- Students learn more about matter and how matter can go through physical or chemical changes. Reading strategy: gathering information
- Full of Energy!- Students learn more about energy and how it can be used in our everyday lives. Reading strategy: cause and effect of events
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this product, you can email this file to parents or upload them to a password-protected classroom. You may not, however, edit or change the file and or sell it for your own personal gain.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher